Tuesday, August 4, 2009

4 Aug

Progress is a slippery word, it can mean that a big change has been made or that only the tiniest change has happened. We made big progress yesterday when my bike finally cleared US Customs in Buffalo, NY. Today the bike is in New Jersey, soon to be in North Carolina (different trucking company at each stop?) and they will call to arrange delivery to my house. If you have been keeping track this is about 7 weeks to ship the bike from Canada to Virginia at a cost of $1200.

As an aside, I guess I should consider my self lucky. Today I was told that the dealer in Edmonton actually held my bike hostage for about two weeks until he settled up with the shipping company. Remember that the dealer's staff loaded the wrong bike and later caught the error. Then the dealer did not want to pay the published rate for having his bike returned. That's when my bike became a hostage. At any rate the dust settled and my motorcycle is finally within 500 miles of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment